YRAC is hiring an Executive Director
The York Region Arts Council is searching for its new Executive Director. If you enjoy being a part of a small and agile team, enjoy being the leader and spokesperson for your team, love helping artists and entrepreneurs achieve their goals and want to make an impact in the York Region arts and culture sector, we are looking for you!
Applications are open until May 1, 2019
Check out the opportunity HERE
CBC Arts Logo Design
Want to Design CBC Arts next profile pic? Now is the time to send in your pitch.
Interested in the job? If you are — or you just know someone who’d be perfect for the assignment — this is the time to send us a pitch.
It’s a paid gig, plus there’s the bonus of promo and bragging rights. (Your work will appear over our channels, and we run a Q&A with the featured artist, to boot.) Learn More
Front of House Manager
The FLATO Markham Theatre is currently seeking House Managers on a temporary part-time basis. The House Manager is responsible for providing front line guidance and direction to Ushers, Bar and Box office staff thereby helping to facilitate audience enjoyment, comfort and safety during each performance. Learn More
Various Workshop Instructors at NewMakeIt
NewMakeIt is looking for workshop instructors. As an instructor, you will be responsible for overall design, planning, implementation and delivery of curriculum for specified workshops. These workshops could run either year-round or seasonally. The instructor will also be responsible for taking attendance, teaching the class and / or workshop, and reporting any issues, concerns or developments to the Learning Coordinator.
They have openings for workshops in these areas:
- Woodworking – Project workshops that make use of, and certification classes that teach safe operation of equipment including; table saw, thickness planer, jointer, drill press, sanders, hand tools etc.
- Digital Fabrication – Certification classes that teach safe and proper usage of equipment including; laser machines and 3D printers.
- Metalworking - Project workshops that make use of, and certification classes that teach safe operation of equipment including; metal lathe, metal mill, drill press, grinders, MIG / TIG welders, box and pan brake, metal shear etc.
- CNC – Project workshops that make use of, and certification classes that teach safe operation of equipment including; CNC router and CNC Mill.
- CAD / CAM / Graphics Software – Skills classes that teach use of software such as; AutoDesk Fusion 360, SolidWorks, SketchUp, AutoCAD, On CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator, Inkscape
- Craftwork – Project workshops that teach skills in the areas of; textiles, woodcraft, papercraft, pottery, glass, jewellery etc.
ArtVenture Studio Instructors
ArtVenture Camp Instructors will work minimum 4-week terms. The main objectives of the Summer ArtVenture Camp Instructor is to develop and deliver creative art studio, and outdoor nature activities for children enrolled in summer camp. Programs must strongly relate to themes outlined in the McMichael ArtVenture Children’s brochure and should include meaningful connections to the McMichael’s collection and grounds. Fluency in English is required. Administration and all camp activities will take place at the McMichael Canadian Art Collection in Kleinburg. Apply Here
Arts & Cultural Job Board & Call for Submission Links
Become a Volunteer at the Varley Gallery!
Looking for event assistants, program assistants, docents and gallery attendants. Learn more here.
Become a Volunteer at the Latcham Gallery!
The Latcham Gallery is looking for volunteers to assist with Latcham Saturdays, our community art programming between September 9 and October 28.
Volunteer with the Ontario Association of Art Galleries (OAAG)
McMichael Canadian Art Collection is looking for new Docents!
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is seeking motivated individuals to serve as Volunteer Docents. The ideal candidate is people-oriented and enthusiastic about introducing school groups and adults to Canadian art and the McMichael Collection. Learn More
Volunteer with the Newmarket Music Festival
Volunteer with the York Region Arts Council
Volunteer at the Aurora Cultural Centre
Volunteer with the Markham Museum
Volunteer with the Varley Art Gallery
Volunteer with the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
Volunteer with the Ontario Association of Art Galleries