Board Member responsibilities include:
- Attend monthly Board Meetings (Board members are asked to commit to attending at least 8 out of the 10 scheduled meetings each year. Meetings generally take place on the last Monday evening of each month in Aurora).
- Provide support for Board and/or Staff initiatives as needed (attending events, preparing/reviewing materials, providing expertise, etc.).
- An overall time commitment of approximately 4-8 hours monthly for a minimum 2 year term.
Assets for this position include:
- Some experience with nonprofits
- An interest in the arts/tourism
- Familiarity with York Region
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- The time and enthusiasm to help YRAC continue to grow!
Founded in 2010, the York Region Arts Council is currently in an exciting process of restructuring and rebranding to become York Region Arts, Culture & Tourism (YRACT). This change in name, mandate, and activities reflects the changing arts and culture landscape in York Region and allows YRACT to better serve its stakeholders, while remaining a registered charity. Currently, YRACT operates through three main pillars: 1) The York Region Arts Network (programs and services for artists and arts organizations); 2) YorkScene/York Region Tourism (marketing and information promoting cultural attractions and experiences); and 3) The York Region Festival Alliance (programs and services connecting arts festivals and cultural celebrations).