This Summer at the Varley!
Come to Markham and paint outdoors.
Just as F.H. Varley did, local artists, are invited to set up their easels on Main St. Unionville and in Toogood Pond Park to paint or draw in the open air. Everyone is welcome to join us painting outdoors.
Saturday, August 10 to Sunday, August 11, 2019.
Varley Art Gallery En Plein Air Competition
Are you an artist living in Markham or York Region?
Would you like to have a chance to exhibit yourt work at the historic McKay Art Centre on Main Street Unionville?
Apply to participate in this years' Varley En Plein Air Competition.
The Varley Art Gallery of Markham is excited to announce its first annual En Plein Air Competition! In celebration of F.H. Varley and his connection with Unionville, local artists will set up their easels on Main Street Unionville and in Toogood Pond Park to paint or draw in the open air the weekend of August 10 – 11, 2019. The works produced will be juried by a committee and the winners’ works will be shown in the En Plein Air exhibition at the historic McKay Art Centre on Main Street Unionville. The exhibition will take place in September, 2019, to coincide with Doors Open Markham. The deadline to apply to participate in the competition is July 5, 2019, and application details can be found at varleyartgallery.ca.
A suggested donation of $10 will be collected at registration to benefit the Education Department at the Varley Art Gallery of Markham.
YSpace in Markham is hosting a series of workshops this month that you won't want to miss!
- #PitchIT York on June 5 on June 5
- Sample social message: Want to be part of an interactive event with awesome networking, giveaways and elevator pitches? Join YSpace and @Opeoplenetwork for the fourth #PitchItYork event of the year on June 5th! #YorkRegion #YRTech #YorkUniversity Register at: https://opn.ninja/event/pitchit-york-show-11/
- Founder Fundamentals – Cash Flow and Projections on June 6
- Sample social message: Thought about starting your own business but not sure where to begin? Founder Fundamentals at @YSpaceYU is a program designed to help you kick start your entrepreneurial career whether you’re a brick & mortar company, professional services or technology startup. Learn from industry experts and gain the skills you need to succeed! #FounderFundamentals Find out more here! http://yspace.yorku.ca/events/
- Pitch Day for Tech Entrepreneurs with Mentor Works, Entro Communications, & Millennium Funding on June 13
- Sample social message: Looking for an opportunity to #Pitch your business strategy to a panel of judges and for a chance to win a complimentary co-op hire ($5K-$12K value)? Learn more and register here https://yspacepitchday.eventbrite.ca
- Founder Fundamentals – Legal Basics for your Startup on June 13
- Sample Social Message: Do I need to incorporate? Should I trademark my name? At #FounderFundamentals Legal Basics for your Startup workshop on June 13th, we will offer answers to many of these legal questions! For more details, click here: http://yspace.yorku.ca/events/
- Start Building Web and Mobile Applications with React.js with Finnovate.io on June 19
- Sample Social Message: Interested in building modern web and mobile applications, getting a refresher on React.js or meeting like-minded developers and entrepreneurs? Come out to YSpace on June 19 for the Start Building Web and Mobile Apps workshop! Space is limited so don't miss out on the chance to join! Register at http://bit.ly/2Lu2rvU
Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum & Community Centre Events
Join us at the Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum & Community Centre on Thursday, July 18 for our Teddy Bear Tea! The tea will run from 10am to 11:30am. Your children and their favourite teddy bears will enjoy a morning of bear-themed activities, including a story, craft, and a snack! Recommended for ages 3 to 8 and pre-registration is required. Go to wsmuseum.ca for more info!
The Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum & Community Centre has an exciting new exhibit coming up! Archaeology Alive: The Jean Baptiste Lainé Site and Whitchurch-Stouffville will explore the amazing archaeological site that was uncovered in Whitchurch-Stouffville between 2003 and 2005. You will engage with artifacts on loan from the Canadian Museum of History, a 3-D gaming experience, and oral histories from Huron-Wendat nation members. Follow www.facebook.com/WSMuseum/ for updates.
The Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum & Community Centre is offering themed summer camps each week of summer!! The camps are for children ages 5-12 and they run Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm. Before and after care are available. Go to www.townofws.ca/museum for more info!