York Region Arts Council’s Youth Committee (YRAC Youth Committee)
The York Region Arts Council’s Youth Committee is a group of dedicated youth-focused on making a positive impact on the arts and culture sector of York Region and beyond. They hope to express the importance of the arts and spread awareness of the arts as a profession and a passion. They are dedicated to removing the stigma around professions in the arts and want to help younger generations in setting goals aligned with their dream careers realistically and successfully. They want to develop a platform for youth artists to become leaders.
The YRAC Youth Committee is passionate about building a community between youth artists and other generations. Through monthly meetings, the team works on planning for a staple event that will bring awareness and help educate youth on the available pathways in the arts. Their goal is to create spaces that make artists feel safe to share different ideas and media.
YRAC Youth Committee Goals:
- To develop leadership opportunities for youth interested in the arts
- To create a platform for the youth voice in developing new programs and opportunities for aspiring artists
- To create a region-wide network of youth leaders to spread awareness of arts opportunities in York Region
- Develop more pathways for youth to discover a career in the arts and/or become creative entrepreneurs within York Region and beyond
- To support the YRAC mandate: creating a dynamic York Region arts and culture scene by increasing knowledge, communication and awareness
Note: hours put towards the Youth Committee can be used towards community service hours for High School students.
How to Apply: